CHECK is a Kansas state homeschool organization comprised of local support groups around the state of Kansas including Kansas City’s Midwest Parent Educators (MPE), Wichita’s Teaching Parents Association (TPA), and others.
Please Save the Date! Our Homeschool Capitol Day will be Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 when homeschoolers from across the state will meet up at the Capitol in Topeka for a day of inspiration and education!
This first-ever event of its kind in Kansas will include:
- A rally on the capitol steps
- Multiple workshops for students and parents, including presentations by Andrew Pudewa of IEW, and HSLDA’s Scott Woodruff
- Tours of the capitol, with optional state history curriculum provided!
- Prizes, give-aways and fun for all ages!
Your presence will help keep homeschools thriving in our state! We hope you will reserve this date and join us for a fun and informative day of celebrating homeschooling in Kansas! More details to come!
Information concerning the 2020 homeschool conferences (April 3-4, 2020 in Kansas City and May 15-16,2020 in Wichita) is on our Events page.
For more current news, see the CHECK’s Facebook page.
CHECK’s mission is to further the interests of private home education in Kansas by providing accurate, helpful information; encouraging local support groups; and advocating for home education. CHECK works closely with the Home School Legal Defense Association to protect our freedoms.
On this site you will find:
- Getting started– information to help you get stated in homeschooling including information on Kansas legalities.
- Support groups – information and links to local support groups in Kansas.
- Beyond the Basics -learn about homeschooling the high school years, about Kansas speech and debate clubs, more.
- Resources -where to go to get more information.
- Events – learn about Kansas two regional homeschool conference and CHECK’s annual legislative day
- About CHECK – learn more about CHECK’s mission and how to contact CHECK