CHECK’s 2015 Day Under the Dome
On Thursday February 19, 2015, CHECK is inviting all homeschooling families to the 2015 Day Under the Dome homeschooling event at the capitol building in Topeka. The purpose of the event is to celebrate ourhomeschooling freedom in Kansas and educate legislators regarding homeschooling in our wonderful state. The day will be filled with special music, homeschooling informational booths, demonstrations and special guests. Look for state leaders from support groups around the state to discuss homeschooling issues and answer your questions.
We are planning a special presentation in the legislative session recognizing the achievements of homeschoolers. During the day Legislators will be roaming the second floor rotunda visiting with families and reviewing the informational booths, so be ready to share your experience as we celebrate our freedom in Kansas.
Here is a draft schedule for the day:
- 9:00 am – Delivery of cupcakes to Legislators (need volunteers to deliver)
- 10:00 am – Booth setup in West Rotunda area
- Wichita Robotics/MPE/TPA/Trail Life/AHG/Wichita Defenders/KS Against CC
- 11:00 am – Open to public
- 12:00 pm – Entertainment begins featuring Cornerstone Choir
- Lunch available for legislators
- 12:30 pm – Intro for Attorney General Derek Schmidt
- 12:40 pm – Continued music
- 1:00 pm – Possible recognition of homeschool achievement in House
- 2:00 pm – Close booths
We are looking for groups from all over the sate to promote your sports group, support group or homeschooling curriculum with an informational booth. Contact Jeff Gorman at firstname.lastname@example.org concerning having your group display.
To share your group’s musical talent contact Shelly Larkins at email@example.com for details.
Kansas has two large homeschool conferences each year, one in Kansas City and the other in Wichita. Below are links to more information on the conferences: